December 7, 2008

Trimming The Tree

Don't you just love this time of the year?? My mother in law has scented candles burning, which she must because we have this fake tree up. It's a little hard to adjust for Rhead and I but the kids don't mind one little bit. They had fun putting up all the ornaments, singing Christmas songs, drinking hot cocoa, and eating gingerbread.



Then when all was quiet, I took my camera, prop it up on a box on a stand, turned off all the lights except for the ones on the tree. I had my aperture to 22 and shutter speed at 1 second and took this shot. Doesn't it just make you want to snuggle up with your family?? LOVE IT!!! I want to try it again with my kids later when all the boxes get put away and tripod out. We'll see how it goes...

1 comment:

Stephanie Harsh said...

I love curling up in front of the Christmas tree. It's so cozy and... I don't know... special. I love the holidays.