February 6, 2009

I Love Photoshop!


Okay, yes, I realized that this post contradicts the post before, but I've got it all figured out!! Sort of... I figured out the action part anyways (thanks to a fellow ILPer!) I took some valentine's picture of Ms. S because she doesn't go to preschool and won't get to do anything fun with her classmates, so I thought she can make some cards herself and sent them to her cousins. We live for little things like this because, quite frankly, it's too cold to go outside and play! That and we don't have a car and can't drive around and explore Logan.

These 2 pictures are both edited in Photoshop Elements 7 and taken with my Canon Rebel xt and 50mm f1.8 lens. Usually I like the very natural looking photos but I wanted to be funky and fun for this shoot. (I use the term loosly becaues I am in no way a professional photographer!) I downloaded some free actions over at Coffeshop, applied urban action for the photo above and color pop for photo below.

Well, when you don't have a car and you live in a small town AND you are impatient, what do you do? you print your pictures out at walmart. It's one hour and 19 cents a copy. Mind you, without a car, one hour means nothing but it's better than waiting by the mailbox for 4 days if we do it online. I just have to wait till hubby gets home to pick them up :)

No comments: