August 26, 2008

Citizenship: An update...

Thank you to all those wonderful contributions that I've received, I am able to take the next step towards getting my US citizenship. I filled out the application, took passport photos, wrote a check and sent the whole thing in on Saturday, August 23. On "A Guide To Naturalization" it states the process from start to finish (meaning when I am actually an American) normally takes 6 months. But I've also heard that in less populated states, it will be faster. I'm thinking not that many people are applying for citizenships in Utah, so I am hoping for a shorter waiting period. Meanwhile, I get to do these sample civics questions, do you know them??

1. Who elects the President of the United States?
2. What are the three branches of our government?
3. What were the original 13 states?
4. What is the Bill of Rights?
5. What group has the power to declare war?

answer below....(no peeking)






1. The Electoral College
2. Executive, Judicial, and Legislative
3. Virginia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Georgia
4. The first ten amendments to the Constitution
5. Congress

How did you do??

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good luck and keep us posted. :)