August 30, 2008

I want to SEW!

Samantha has watched me sew for more than 2 years now. She's my little helper, I use that term very loosely. After countless times of asking me to let her sew, I finally caved today. She was a natural! I, of course, set the speed to the slowest, showed her how to set the foot up and down, needle up and down, and start and stop. She just sewed the same square over and over again, she has even learned how to pivot! She told me that she wanted to learn how to serge next, I'm like "slow down, little girl!" But I'm so proud of her! She is learning to sew at 4 years old! Soon, She will be better at sewing than I am! After Sewing for 10 minutes, she told me, "Tomorrow, you can be my customer and I will sew for you. But you serge for me, because that is scary." My little girl, all grown up! Sniff.... Sniff.....

Look at her go! (yes, she is in her PJs)

Perfect Form ...

Perfect Concentration! (there is a little smirk there... hehe!)

No comments: